Thursday, January 29, 2009
C64 CynthCart Filter Pedal - The Dunlop Cry-Baby Pong Controller
C64 CynthCart Filter Pedal - The Dunlop Cry-Baby Pong Controller from LifeInABox Productions on Vimeo
So this was the finished Keytar mod I had started oh so many months ago and never got around to finishing. So here's the basics:
1. Obligatory Power Light Mod
2. Keyboard Overlay - Bolted on and reinforced with huge washers to reduce stress on the plastic.
3. Guitar... erm... Keytar! Strap... Thingies, what are those called? Also reinforced.
4. Replaced original 6581 with 6581R3.
5. Made a custom heavy duty 5 pin din to gold plated 1/4 cable for plugging into mixers or amps.
6. Also Obligatory MATTE BLACK Paint job (I can hear them swoon!)
And The Other(not so)Basics:
1. Tear everything out of a broken Wah pedal except the pot and gears
2. Drill out the hole for the 1/4 jack to fit in a DB9 port.
3. Wire it up according to http://pinouts.ru/Inputs/ControlPortC64_pinout.shtml
4. Hook it up. It's Good! It's really that easy, if you happen to have a wah pedal housing sitting around.
See you next time.